The Murrindindi Climate Network Inc. is a not for profit apolitical organization, uniting a wide variety of different organizations (for profit and not for profit) and individuals.
The Murrindindi Climate Network includes and welcomes institutions across all sectors of the community, as well as individual citizens to an umbrella network with the aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and to consider programs/actions that facilitate adaptation and enhance resilience to climate change at a local level in the Shire of Murrindindi.
The Murrindindi Climate Network Inc.:
- networks, gathers and disseminates information to enhance public understanding, appreciation of, and involvement in, activities to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and to manage local impacts of climate change;
- conducts MCN activities in the Murrindindi Shire as a whole, and in parts of the Shire to strengthen community spirit and stewardship of natural resources in a climate friendly way;
- promotes responsible life style choices, business practices and technologies on a Shire level to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and to mitigate the local impacts of climate change;
- co-operates and networks with organizations, institutions and citizens of neighboring Shires and in the Goulburn Broken Catchment Area to promote climate friendly life style choices, business practices and technologies on a regional level.
- Provides the opportunity for local organizations and individuals to have a voice and work towards a united, consistent approach to Council and to the State and Federal Governments on important Climate Change issues.
Our current projects are:
- Tree project with local Secondary College Students
- Community garden/kitchen in Alexandra
- Green Business Assessment program
Our website: www.murrindindiclimatenetwork.org.au