32 NAB volunteers travelled to the Toolangi Garden Restoration Centre to help Jack and Narrie with their innovative community project. Fallen burnt trees were being milled to make framing timber and fencing for rebuilding. Waste logs were being split and dried for fire wood. Donated plants were being repotted into larger pots for distribution next season.
Highlights for the day were :
– Jack & Narrie’s fresh scones for morning tea.
– Man V Machine wood splitting
– Fun in the potting shed.
– Patting the fat goat.
– Sharing Narrie & Jack’s stories and philosophies .
– Lunch at the Toolangi Tavern.
– Beautiful sunny weather .
This guy accidentally broke a chisel on the volunteer day .
He returned the next day with a beautiful new replacement chisel for Jack.
Things like that make me feel happy.
And there’s always fun in the potting shed, with the IT crown!